The Davis Cup trophy was donated by the competition’s founder Dwight Davis in 1900 as the prize for an international challenge match between USA and British Isles. Davis's international challenge is now the largest annual international team competition in sport and the Davis Cup trophy has grown along with the competition that bears its name.
Made by Shreve, Crump and Low of Boston, Massachusetts, the Davis Cup trophy was originally a lone sterling silver punchbowl. The three plinths have since been added to accommodate the engraved plaques. The trophy is currently 110cm high, 107cm in diameter at its widest point, and weighs 105kg.